Assistant Group Leader, Quantum Information and Integrated Nanosystems Group, MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Danielle Braje is an assistant leader of the Quantum Information and Integrated Nanosystems Group at MIT’s Lincoln Laboratory. With a focus on quantum sensing, her group applies the fundamental stability of quantum systems to the sensing arena. Current development focuses on small, portable, solid-state systems like nitrogen vacancies in the diamond lattice. Her research interests span from atomic physics and low-light-level nonlinear optics to atom interferometry and quantum coherence. Braje has received a Hertz Fellowship, Urbanek Fellowship and NSF Fellowship. She has served on NSF and NASA panels, and is a member of the American Physical Society. She earned a BS in physics from the University of Arizona, and a PhD in applied physics from Stanford University.
- Erik R. Eisenach, John F. Barry, Michael F. O’Keeffe, Jennifer M. Schloss, Matthew H. Steinecker, Dirk R. Englund, Danielle A. Braje. (2020). Cavity quantum electrodynamic readout of a solid-state spin sensor. https://arxiv.org/abs/2003.01104
- Alsid, Scott & Barry, John & Pham, Linh & Schloss, Jennifer & O’Keeffe, Michael & Cappellaro, Paola & Braje, Danielle. (2019). Photoluminescence Decomposition Analysis: A Technique to Characterize N – V Creation in Diamond. Physical Review Applied, 12. 10.1103/PhysRevApplied.12.044003.
- O’Keeffe, M., Horesh, L., Barry, J., Braje, D., Chuang, I. (2019). Hamiltonian Engineering with Constrained Optimization for Quantum Sensing and Control. New Journal of Physics. 21. 10.1088/1367-2630/ab00be.
- Eisenach, E., Barry, J., Pham, L., Rojas, R., Englund, D., Braje, D. (2018). Broadband loop gap resonator for nitrogen vacancy centers in diamond. Review of Scientific Instruments. 89. 094705. 10.1063/1.5037465.
- Clevenson, H., Pham, L., Teale, C., Johnson, K., Englund, D., Braje, D. (2018). Robust High-Dynamic-Range Vector Magnetometry via Nitrogen-Vacancy Centers in Diamond. Applied Physics Letters. 112. 10.1063/1.5034216.
- November 21, 2016: MIT News, MIT Lincoln Laboratory garners six 2016 R&D 100 Awards.
- April 6, 2015: MIT News, Better sensors for medical imaging, contraband detection.