Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering; Director, Data Science Lab
David Simchi-Levi is a professor of engineering systems in MIT’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) and the Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS) under the MIT Schwarzman College of Computing, and head of the MIT Data Science Lab. He is an expert in supply chain management and business analytics, and his research focuses on developing and implementing robust and efficient techniques for operations management. He has published widely on the practical and theoretical aspects of supply chain and revenue management, and is the current editor-in-chief of INFORMS Management Science, and received the 2020 INFORMS Impact Prize. Simchi-Levi founded LogicTools, now a subsidiary of IBM, which provided software for supply chain optimization, and later co-founded OPS Rules, and Opalytics, both now part of Accenture. He earned a BS from Technion Israel Institute of Technology and an MS and PhD from Tel Aviv University.
- Ma, W., Simchi-Levi, D.(2021). Reaping the Beneﬁts of Bundling under High Production Costs. 22nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS).
- Chen, X., Owen, Z., Pixton, C., Simchi-Levi, D. (2021). A Statistical Learning Approach to Personalization in Revenue Management. Journal of Management Science.
- Chen, L. L., Ma, W., Orlin, J. B., Simchi-Levi, D. (2020). Distributionally Robust Max Flows. Symposium on Simplicity in Algorithms, 81-90.
- Simchi-Levi, D. and Xu, Y. (2019). Phase Transitions and Cyclic Phenomena in Bandits with Switching Constraints. Thirty-third Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS).
- Cheung W. C., D. Simchi-Levi and R. Zhu (2019). Learning to Optimize under Non-Stationarity. In Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), pp. 1079-1087.
- November 20, 2020: MIT News, David Simchi-Levi awarded INFORMS Impact Prize.
- March 25, 2020: MIT News, Supply chain outlook: The timing of the slowdown.
- September 27, 2018: MIT News, 3Q: David Simchi-Levi on advancing global retail operations through analytics and machine learning.
- May 15, 2018: MIT News, Solving global business problems with data analytics.