Principal Investigator, Institute for Data, Systems, and Society
Mardavij Roozbehani is a principal investigator at the MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and Society and its Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems. His research interests are in engineering and economic applications of control theory and optimization with an emphasis on understanding robustness, efficiency, and risk in networked systems. Recent application areas include power systems, transportation networks, financial networks, and data-driven risk-sharing. Roozbehani developed methods of generating automated proofs for safety and performance guarantees for software systems, finite-state systems, and embedded systems, and bridged a gap between computer science and control theory. His earlier work also included finite-state approximation of dynamical systems, quantized control, and Delta-Sigma modulation.
Roozbehani has received an American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics graduate award for safety verification of real-time software systems, and is a co-recipient of a SIAM/SICON best paper award. He earned a PhD in aeronautic and astronautics from MIT.
- Roozbehani, M., Megretski, A., Dahleh, M. A. (2014). Stochastic Differential Contraction in Nonlinear System Analysis.
Proceedings of the 21st International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems (MTNS 2014), Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Huang, Q., Roozbehani, M., Dahleh, M. A. (2014). Efficiency-Risk Tradeoffs in Electricity Markets with Dynamic Demand Response. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid.
- Ahmadi, A. A., Jungers, R., Parrilo, P.A., Roozbehani, M. (2014). Joint Spectral Radius and Path-Complete Graph Lyapunov Functions. SIAM Journal on Optimization and Control, Vol. 52, No 1, pp. 687–717
- ParandehGheibi, A., Roozbehani, M., Dahleh, M. A., Ozdaglar, A. (2014). The Value of Storage in Securing Reliability and Mitigating Risk in Energy Networks. Energy Systems Journal.
- March 24, 2017: MIT News, “Virtual batteries” could lead to cheaper, cleaner power.
- June 1, 2016: MIT News, Making cities smarter.
- May 27, 2016: MIT News, Addressing energy technologies and policies that shape future sustainability.