Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Ronitt Rubinfeld is the Edwin Sibley Webster Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT and a principal investigator at the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory. Her research focuses on the theory of computation, including randomized and sublinear time algorithms, and understanding how to extract information from a small portion of a large dataset. Before coming to MIT, Rubinfeld was a computer science professor at Cornell University, a senior research scientist at NEC Research Laboratories, and a Fellow at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study. Rubinfeld earned a BSE in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Michigan, and a PhD from the University of California, Berkeley. She was a postdoc at Princeton University and Hebrew University.
- Rubinfeld, R., Vasilyan, A., (2020) Monotone probability distributions over the Boolean cube can be learned with sublinear samples. 11th Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science (ITCS), Seattle, Washington.
- Grunau, C., Mitrovic, S., Rubinfeld, R., Vakilian, A., (2020). Improved Local Computation Algorithm for Set Cover via Sparsification. ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Aliakbarpour, A., Diakonikolas, I., Kane, D., Rubinfeld, R., (2019) Private Testing of Distributions via Sample Permutations, Thirty-third Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), Vancouver, Canada.
- Alaikbarpour, A., Gouleakis, T., Peebles, J., Rubinfeld, R., Yodpinyanee, A., (2019). Towards Testing Monotonicity of Distributions Over General Posets. Proceedings of the Thirty-Second Conference on Learning Theory (COLT), Phoenix, AZ, volume 99 of Proceedings of Machine Learning Research, pages 34-82.
- May 31, 2019: MIT News, CSAIL hosts first-ever TEDxMIT.
- November 27, 2018: MIT News, Rising Stars in EECS supports women in electrical engineering and computer science.
- July 17, 2018: MIT News, School of Engineering second quarter 2018 awards.