Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Tim Kraska is an associate professor of electrical engineering and computer science in MIT’s Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. He is also a principal investigator at the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and co-director of the Data System and AI Lab at MIT (DSAIL@CSAIL). Currently, his research focuses on building systems for machine learning, and using machine learning for systems. Before joining MIT, Kraska was an assistant professor at Brown University, a researcher at Google Brain, and a postdoc in the AMPLab at University of California, Berkeley. Kraska has received a Sloan Research Fellowship and several awards, including the VLDB Early Career Research Contribution Award, the VMware Systems Research Award, Brown’s Early Career Research Achievement Award, an NSF Career Award. He earned a PhD from ETH Zurich.
- Zamanian, E., Yu, X., Stonebraker, M., Kraska, T. (2019). Rethinking Database High Availability with RDMA Networks. VLDB 12(11): 1637-1650.
- Marcus, R.C., Negi, P., Mao, H., Zhang, C., Alizadeh, M., Kraska, T., Papaemmanouil, O., Tatbul, N.(2019). Neo: A Learned Query Optimizer. VLDB 12(11): 1705-1718.
- Spiegelberg, L.F., Kraska, T. (2019). Tuplex: Robust, Efficient Analytics When Python Rules. PVLDB 12(12): 1958-1961.
- Tan, J., Ghanem, T., Perron, M., Yu, X., Stonebraker, M., DeWitt, D.J., Serafini, M., Aboulnaga, A., Kraska, T. (2019). Choosing A Cloud DBMS: Architectures and Tradeoffs. PVLDB 12(12): 2170-2182.
- Jun. 27, 2019: MIT News, Drag-and-drop data analytics.
- Oct. 3, 2018: CSAIL News, Google, Intel and Microsoft team up w/CSAIL on new data-driven initiative.
- Dec. 8, 2017: MIT News, School of Engineering welcomes new faculty.