T. Wilson (1953) Professor in Aeronautics and Assistant Professor, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Chuchu Fan is the T. Wilson (1953) Professor in Aeronautics and assistant professor in the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics at MIT, where she leads the Reliable Autonomous Systems Lab (REALM). Fan’s research focuses on using rigorous mathematics, including formal methods, machine learning, and control theory for the design, analysis, and verification of safe autonomous systems. Fan received her PhD in computer engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and BE in automation from Tsinghua University, China.
- Qin, Z., Chen, Y., Fan, C. (2021). Density Constrained Reinforcement Learning. International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 8682-8692.
- Miller, K., Fan, C., Mitra, S. (2021). Planning in Dynamic and Partially Unknown Environments. IFAC Conference on Analysis and Design of Hybrid Systems (ADHS).
- Chen, J., Williams, B. C., Fan, C. (2021). Optimal mixed discrete-continuous planning for linear hybrid systems. International Conference on Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control.
- Fan, C., Qin, Z., Mathur, U., Ning, Q., Mitra, S., Viswanathan, M. (2021). Controller synthesis for linear system with reach-avoid specifications. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control.
- Qin, Z., Zhang, K., Chen, Y., Chen, J., Fan, C. (2021). Learning Safe Multi-Agent Control with Decentralized Neural Barrier Certificates. International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR).
- November 18, 2020: MIT News, Advancing artificial intelligence research.
- 2020: ACM, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Graduate Receives ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award