Director, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Daniela Rus is the director of the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) and the Andrew (1956) and Erna Viterbi Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. She is also associate director of the core for the MIT Quest for Intelligence. She is interested in developing the science of networked, distributed, and collaborative robotics by asking: how can multiple machines collaborate to achieve a common goal? Rus is a MacArthur Fellow, and a member of the National Academy of Engineering and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. She earned a PhD in computer science from Cornell University.
- Gan, C., Wang, T-H. Ma, P., Spielberg, A. E., Xian, Z., Zhang, H., Tenenbaum, J., Rus, D. (2023). SoftZoo: A Soft Robot Co-design Benchmark For Locomotion In Diverse Environments. International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR).
- Liu, Z., Tang, H., Amini, A., Yang, X., Mao, H., Rus, D., Han, S. (2023). BEVFusion: Multi-Task Multi-Sensor Fusion with Unified Bird’s-Eye View Representation. International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA).
- Liu, Z., Amini, A., Zhu, S., Karaman, S., Han, S., Rus, D. (2021). Efficient and Robust LiDAR-Based End-to-End Navigation. International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA).
- J DelPreto, D Rus. (2020). Plug-and-Play Gesture Control Using Muscle and Motion Sensors. ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI).
- C Della Santina, RK Katzschmann, A Bicchi, D Rus. (2020). Model-based dynamic feedback control of a planar soft robot: Trajectory tracking and interaction with the environment. The International Journal of Robotics Research.
- RL Truby, C Della Santina, D Rus. (2020). Distributed Proprioception of 3D Configuration in Soft, Sensorized Robots via Deep Learning. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters.
- February 13, 2020. Tech Crunch, MIT showcases soft robotic sensors made from flexible, off-the-shelf materials.
- February 12, 2020. MIT News, “Sensorized” skin helps soft robots find their bearings.
- November 22, 2019. MIT News, MIT conference focuses on preparing workers for the era of artificial intelligence.
- November 22, 2019. MIT News, How to design and control robots with stretchy, flexible bodies.